Life Groups at AJ First
To be a community of people who are rooted in Jesus, recognized, loved in their community and engaged in their unique calling.
(Connect, Serve, Grow)
Would you like to lead a Life Group?
Please continue reading to understand the philosophy that we feel all Life Groups at AJ First should have and follow. Please contact the Church Office if you have any questions.
Life Groups are Essential for the church
WHY ARE LIFE GROUPS IMPORTANT?
- The health of the church is contingent on the health of relationships within the church
- Life Groups are the place for those relationships to grow
- Life Groups are often the most conducive environment in our church for gathering and for sharing the love of Jesus
1 John 4:35
“By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
- As we look to the future of AJ First, it is important to understand that people are longing for relational connection in community.
- Our goal is that AJ First will be a place where we continue to invest in small groups with intentionality and consistency to ensure the strength and vitality of the relationships in our church, to ensure that all people feel as they are part of a greater family, and they know they are loved.
1 John 4: 7&12
“dear friends let us love one another for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. No one has ever seen God but if we love one another God lives in us and his love is made complete in us”
- God is love and Jesus is our great example of that Love
- God designed us for and calls us to relationships of love
- Love will be the primary evidence of our forming into the likeness of Christ
Key Areas OF FOCUS and Goals FOR OUR LIFE GROUPS
- Ensure that we maturing and continuing to grow in our relationship with Jesus
- Ensure we are becoming more known by each other
- Ensure we are overflowing with the love of Jesus and becoming more focused on others?
- Ensure that our group environments are leading to spiritual growth and discipleship
Thank you for your interest!
Please contact Pastor Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding our Life Group program.